Friday, February 18, 2011

This year is the BIG one

2 years ago on Facebook... I started watching all my friends that were seniors when I was a sophomore turn the big FOUR-OH!! I just laughed snickered and said to myself - I cant believe that they are FORTY!.... Then I watched my next group of friends turn FORTY... once again I just snickered.


Then while I was on Facebook on Thursday morning, I hit the little tab that tells me who's birthdays are this week. It hit me hard....really hard! 

One of my  friends, Sharon -  it is her birthday this week. Sharon is one of my oldest childhood friends. There were 4 of us total - ME, Sharon, Julie and Kristine. We all went to Whittier Elementary together, we all were in Primary together in the Hunter 1st ward. I remember starting school in first grade sitting next to Sharon in class...

Can you tell why it is hitting me so hard!!  

The friends that I have known for 34 years a long long long time are turning the big FOUR-OH!

I never ever - in a million trillion years thought that I would ever be FORTY!  

It still seems like it is sooo far away.. but it is not - it is knocking on my door, rather hard! 

It really has not effected me till now! It is hard to believe that my little group of friends, back in my Moms primary class, back in that old Whittier Elementary are at such a milestone in our lives. 

UUGGH!  

If you dont feel like FORTY are you really and truly FORTY ??? 



 

2 comments:

keysha said...

40 is the new 30....live it up girl!!!!

Krista said...

OH you'll start to FEEL fourty ... believe me! But you know what? It feels just fine!

Love You!