Sunday, November 1, 2009

I am so proud of my #77 - he is an awesome kid!!

Well it is official - FOOTBALL is over! As much as I wanted it to come to an end. I have really been sad today!
I love watching Ryan play. He has grown so much this year. It is so hard to believe that just 3 short months ago, he was coming home from Scout Camp and had a goal to make the "A" team!! He did it, it made me so proud as a mother to see him work hard this last summer with our dear friend Mike, and then to make the "A" team.
The change that I have seen in him from day one of practice to watching him walk off the field yesterday, I can sum it up in one word - AMAZING!! He not only was taught this year by his wonderful coaches, Scott and Craig. But he learned as well! He learned that through hard work, comes a reward! He learned that, he can achieve anything he sets his mind to do!
I am so looking forward to next years season. Next year will be our last in little league - then it is on to the big time - High School! Wow! He has already set a goal that he wants to be one of Mike's lineman in High School, and I am sure that he will achieve that as well!

Now as for me and what am I going to do now - Well lets see, I have 2 months till Jr Jazz starts, that is 6 weekends to do what ever I want! (I subtracted Thanksgiving and Christmas as those are busy). I think I will get the kids bedrooms decorated - FINALLY!! That is my goal anyway. And following in Ryan's example - I will achieve it!!

1 comment:

keysha said...

Enjoy next year...hold on to each moment!! Because before you know it you're gonna be in the same spot as me, looking at having a high school player and feeling OLD!

You are such an awesome person/mom! You are like mom on steroids...I have no idea how you can be so on top of things. I'm jealous....

Ryan IS an awesome kid. And one hard working dude...I can't wait until the day our boys get to share the football field. THEN we will have total domination! GO COWBOYS!