Sunday, June 28, 2009

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!!

Well the month of June has been a weird one here in UT. We have had more rain than Seattle!! It just would not stop! Every day - day in and day out.
I am always joking at work that it never rains in Grantsville. Tooele and Stansbury can get it because they are closer to the mountains but for some reason it does not hit Grantsville. Snow or rain! Well that's not the case this year, I don't think that there was any place safe in Northern Utah.
I loved on the news when they said Seattle had not seen rain in 28 days - and we had just hit 14 days straight of recordable rain!
On June 10th I think it was by far the worst rain storm I have ever been in - here in Utah! (when we went to TX to visit my brother there was a bad one!) Here are some of pictures that I took from the cover of my garage and front porch!My swell (we don't have park strips here in Grantsville) is COMPLETELY FULL!! In the 4 years that we have lived here I have never had standing water or any kind of water accumulate in our swell. And this was all in a matter of may 20 minutes!
Here is where it was filling up from - it was just rushing down the street like no other!
Here is a view across the street looking at my neighboor Bob and Kay's swell - By the way - Bob dug is swell really deep, it is probably 2-3 feet deep. And look it is over flowing out onto the street!Here is a cool picture of the clouds as the storm was finally breaking up - Ryan and Aynsley wanted a picture of it. They thought that it was cool with all the swirls in it!And then the kids started to play - Aynsley and her freinds running through Racheal and Jake's swell next door! And NO she did not ask if she could, I just went out to find her doing it! LOL :) I had them stop and pose!And after the rain stopped and half of my wood chips washed down the road - It started back up in the middle of the night again and hasn't really stopped till yesterday - I think yesterday was the first day of no recordable rain in Northern UTAH - and yesterday was JUNE 27TH!


No comments: