Thursday, February 24, 2011

My New NO Sew Window Treatments

I have been home with nothing but time on my hands lately - waiting for interviews to come calling....
Well with all this time I thought I better make myself useful and finish some projects that I have been needing wanting to do.
I FINALLY completed my back door window treatments!! (it has only been 5 years in the making!)
You will never believe what I made them out of - a painters drop cloth!!!  Of course a clean new one...
And they are totally NO SEW!!
I saw one sort of like this on one of the blogs that I stalk read regularly.   I of course tweeked it a little to make it mine!

Here is the BEFORE (nice cooler on the deck huh??)











 Then I took the drop cloth and cut it to size of my windows



Then I got out the awesome Heat and Bond and started putting it on the edge.
I am sure most of you have used Heat and Bond - first you use a HOT iron and for 2 sec with paper side up - iron it on the material, then once completely COOLED
Remove the paper and then fold over and iron the other side of fabric to the Heat and Bond - this time however - it is for 8-10 seconds with a HOT iron. 


SO then I used Heat and Bond and made a pattern with some LIME GREEN - ORANGE and BROWN grossgrain ribbon. So far so good!
 
Then I made the Hubs hang the new hardware for the door- he LOVES it when he can use his power tools!!


And now WHAAAA LAAAA the AFTER!!!  drum roll please!!



I am LOVING THEM!!!  It was 5 years in the making - and 2 hours to complete! And only 30 bucks total to do!!  since I have to be cheap now - but I can do it - cheap and cute!!

1 comment:

keysha said...

Darling!!! You ALWAYS do such cute stuff....I didn't know you weren't working now though! How are you enjoying your time @ home?