Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy HO HO!!

Where do I begin, OK I will start with Christmas Eve - I am just going to post pictures and tell you all about it Cooking our Christmas Eve FEAST - yes my mother puts on the whole she-bang, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, the 3 layer jello salad. Except one year, when her arm was broken,we had Mexican, it was easier for her with a broken arm.
Aynsley and Grandma after dinner, preparing for GAMES!!
Nanny - Sleeping after dinner, OH how many times has this happened?? Lost count a LONG time ago!!
Kids in their NEW Christmas jammies - I remember when my mother used to make them for us every year!

Yes and then Christmas morning finally came - Here we are seeing what Santa brought. Ryan received a Nintendo DS, 2 games for it, a snow sled, Mario Kart game for the Wii, a Guinness Book of World Records (don't ask, it is a weird 11 year old thing). Aynsley received a new bike, HSM barbies, Littlest Pet Shops (yes more!), Junie B. Jones books, and a snow sled.

And then of course, both got clothes from Mom and Dad, movies, etc. From everyone else clothes, games, jewelry.


And here is Mom with her NEW camera - I think she likes it!

All in all it was a good day, we had dinner at our house, kind of a tradition that I took over since my grandma has passed on. I love doing it for my family and know why she had such joy in all of us coming over Christmas day, just to hang out. I will continue on with this as long as I possibly can. Leo and I love to entertain and love having everyone over. And I love every year, preparing and remembering my dear sweet Grandma. I miss both of them so much! My Grandpa's too. It is sooooo weird not having any grandparents anymore. I know that they are in such a better place, and preparing such great work! But I miss them!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I look forward to seeing all the pictures!

No comments: